|Title||Scientific Injection Molding (Fall 2013)
The course emphasis is on scientific approach to a somewhat complex injection molding process in order to simplify and eliminate basic misunderstanding about processing techniques employed today throughout the industry. Students will learn the importance of understanding polymer basics, material flow properties, viscosity-shear rate curve, major plastics variables in molding, decoupled molding techniques, data analysis and interpretation. The course will cover fundamental and scientific approaches to material drying, venting, cooling, use of regrind, how to prepare universal set-up sheet, cycle time optimization, tooling considerations, etc. Use of modern tools and techniques such as mold flow analysis, cavity pressure transducers, and data acquisition tools along with troubleshooting techniques will also be covered.
• Polymer Basics, Plastics Materials and Flow Characteristics
• Part Design Fundamentals
• Overview of Basic Injection Molding Process
• Drying, Material Mixing, Coloring, Regrind Usage
• Major Process Variables
• Decoupled Molding, Universal Set Up Sheet
• Tooling Considerations, Venting, Cooling, Ejection
• Cycle Time Optimization and Troubleshooting Techniques
• Mold Flow Analysis
• Tricks to Improve Productivity
• Modern Injection Molding Operation
Saturdays, September 21 and 28, 2013
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Cal Poly Pomona, CTTi (Bldg. 220A, Rm 104)
A 10% discount is offered on all non-credit courses based on the following:
• Current Cal Poly Pomona Alumni Association members with proper ID
• Current Cal Poly Pomona faculty and staff with proper ID
Please Note: Only one discount or promotion per person, per class is allowed. Discounts and/or promotions cannot be combined with any other discount offer.
Non-Credit Courses with Three or Fewer Class Meetings*
A full refund will be issued if the refund request is received by the College of the Extended University prior to the first class meeting. No refunds will be issued after the start of the first class meeting.
A full refund will be issued for cancelled classes.
|Syllabus||There is no syllabus available for this course
|Instructor||Vishu H. Shah
Course sponsored by the Cal Poly Pomona Foundation, Inc.