Frequently Asked Questions

Question: Where is the College of the Extended University located and how do I get there?


Our physical address is 3670 W. Temple Avenue, Pomona, CA 91768. The Registration Office is located in the Center for Training, Technology & Incubation (CTTI) Complex across the street from the University Village apartments. Our Cal Poly Pomona building number is 220C, Suite 140. Our nearest cross street is South Campus Drive. For complete directions, click here.

Question: What are your Registration Office hours?


Hours of operation are Monday thru Friday, 8 am to 5 pm and 8 am to 7 pm, Monday thru Thursday during the first two weeks of each quarter. The remaining portion of the year we are open Monday thru Friday, 8 am to 5 pm. We are closed Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.

Question: How can I find out when your classes are offered?

Course schedules and pricing information are available on our website where you can view complete course descriptions or download a copy of our course catalog, the CEU Bulletin. You may also add your name to our email list to receive periodic email updates regarding new courses and special discount offers. Additionally, you may also add your name to our postal mailing list to receive copies of our printed pieces each quarter. Simply visit our home page or call 909.869.2288 to have your name added to our mailing list.

Question: Do I have to be admitted to the University to take professional development courses?


No, our professional development (non-credit) courses are specifically designed for working adults, with convenient scheduling and registration (no admission to Cal Poly Pomona is required).

Question: How do I register for your professional development courses?


There are five ways to register:

  • In Person – Registration Counter, 3670 W. Temple Avenue, Bldg. 220C, Suite 140, Pomona, CA 91768
  • Telephone – 909.869.2288
  • Fax – 909.869.4398
  • Mail – Cal Poly Pomona, College of the Extended University, 3801 W. Temple Ave., Bldg. 220C, Pomona, CA 91768
  • Online – Visit our website
Question: Can I register on-site on the first day of the course?


Yes, for most of our professional development courses you may if there is space available, but we recommend you register as soon as possible to insure a spot. Plus, your advance commitment helps to give the course adequate enrollment numbers so we don't have to cancel the class unnecessarily.

Question: Do you have evening and weekend courses?


Yes, we try to accommodate the busy schedules of working adults, so most of our programs are offered in the evenings and on weekends.

Question: How do I know which course to take?

On most of our program descriptions, we have an “Intended Audience” section, along with “Overview/Benefits.” Take a look at the program you're interested in to see if those descriptions match with your profile and educational goals.

Question: Do you offer online courses?


Yes, we offer a variety of professional development courses and certificates in a wide range of subject areas. A complete listing is available here.

Question: I've never taken an online class from Cal Poly Pomona before. How can I learn more about how to use Cal Poly Pomona's Blackboard e-learning system?

You can find all of the help you will need at the links below.

Student Resources:

Question: Can I take a University credit course if I'm not enrolled at Cal Poly Pomona?


Yes, Open University provides an opportunity for those people who are not currently admitted to and/or registered at Cal Poly Pomona to enroll in most courses offered by the regular university. Enrollment is granted on a space-available basis after all regularly enrolled students have been admitted. The registration process is easy–you must obtain consent of the instructor on an Open University petition and need to meet all prerequisite requirements. For complete information on Open University please click here.

Question: Where do I pick up Open University petitions?


Open University petitions are available at the College of the Extended University Registration Office in Bldg. 220C. Our address is 3670 W. Temple Avenue, Bldg. 220C, Pomona, CA 91768.

Question: Do I need to pay for parking when taking courses through the College of the Extended University?


Yes, every vehicle parked on campus must display a parking permit or use the parking meters in lots D, B and K. Daily permits may be purchased from electronic parking permit dispensers located in the student lots or from the Parking and Information Booth at Kellogg Circle and Kellogg Drive.

Question: My company is interested in on-site training at our facility. Does the College of the Extended University provide this type of training?


Yes, we offer customized training for businesses and corporations of all sizes. You may select courses from our list of key program areas or you may choose from our course catalog where you can combine, expand, or streamline content and timeframes to meet your specific training needs. We can even create new courses if necessary. For more details and pricing information please call 909.869.4495.

Question: What services does the Cal Poly Pomona English Language Institute (CPELI) provide?


CPELI prepares international students in language skills and academic skills in preparation to enter an American college of university. In addition, students are able to participate in field trips and other events, which help them adapt socially as well as academically.






Overview of CEU
Message from the Dean
News & Press Releases
Registration Policies
Job Openings
Contact Us